Monday 10 October 2011

Horror Film Openings.

As my task will be to create the opening of a teen horror film, we looked at the opening sequence of the films "The Shining (1980)" and "Wrong Turn (2003)". I noted that music is incredibly important in creating an atmosphere and setting the mood for the film. as the opening to the shining was definitely not as eerie without the iconic soundtrack.

Another important thing i noticed was that as tension increased in the latter film, the number of shots per second also increased. This will be helpful to me when i begin to edit my horror film opening as i will know to make quick cuts when there is tension in order to reflect the action.

Analyzing a film opening

I have been given the film "Jeepers Creepers (2001)" to analyze. The film is directed by Victor Salva and stars Gina Philips and Justin long.

I will edit in my shot by shot analysis of the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment